Family

Cubs, Cuddles & Unicorns – #Littleloves

So I could have named this post coughs, colds and snot but I didn’t think that was such an appealing title! It’s been a difficult last 10 days with this awful virus that has been going around. Darcey has been so poorly she hasn’t eaten properly for the last 10 days. We’ve not been feeling much better either and I’ve taken a bit of a break from blogging whilst we’ve been recovering.

Poorly sleep time on the sofa

Read

This week I finished reading “Lean In” by Sheryl Sandberg. It was a great book to read and I found that I could relate to a lot of the chapters. Being a working mum is really difficult and I’m guilty at work of not really believing in my abilities or putting myself forward. I also sometimes feel guilty about wanting to be successful at work and being away from the kids. It’s important to create a work life balance that works for my individual circumstances. I really enjoyed ready this book and think that this is my time to start ‘leaning in’.

Watched

I’ve watched lots of movies this week whist we’ve all been so ill. Slightly embarrassed by what I’ve been watching! It started off with London has fallen – a crime drama with Gerard Butler. He plays a secret service agent who has to protect the president during a terrorist attack on London. Honestly how can one man possibly fight off everyone?! It is completely unbelievable .

The second film I watched was White House Down – theres a theme here. I recorded this the other night off itv2 and got captivated by Channing Tatum. He is on a tour of the White House when disaster strikes and ends up having to protect the President from being kidnapped by his own staff. This was much better than the first film, it was easy to watch and I got to look at Channing Tatum running around.

Made

Well not a lot really. I made a great spaghetti with meatballs this week that we all really enjoyed. Must try harder to be more creative this week!

Wore

We’ve gone a bit unicorn mad, we not only have a little unicorn teddy and a huge unicorn teddy. Now we have a cute little unicorn towel that I saw posted by a fellow blogger on Instagram. The next day I was straight down to Asda to pick one up and a bunny and panda towel as well!

A poorly little girl but a cute Unicorn towel

For me it’s all been about the comfiness this week. Joggers and cosy jumpers have been the way forward. I did get to wear my nice new jumper I picked up for a complete bargain at the Ralph Lauren outlet.

More cuddles but mummy got to wear her nice new jumper.

And lastly

Very proud of my boys they have got some great new swimming badges.

They also officially became Cubs this week as well, they were so nervous about their investiture but did great at remembering the Cub promise.

So here’s to a much better week next week and some half term fun.

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

• Reply Holly - Little Pickle's Mom

Oh no, we’re all full of cold here too, it’s horrible isn’t it? Hope you’re all feeling better now – I think we’re over the worst of it. Or at least I hope so. Oh and that unicorn towel is AMAZING. I quite fancy watching White House Down now too. Any excuse for Channing Tatum!
    Holly – Little Pickle’s Mom recently posted…LPM Made This: Last Minute Valentine’s Day GiftMy Profile

February 16, 2017 at 11:15 am
  • Reply Jenny

Oh I wish I had one of those sleepyhead pillow when my two were little it’s amazing. Sorry to hear not well though on your little unicorn. Loving the unicorn theme going on by the way. And way to go in cubs awards. Busy week girl. #littleloves
    Jenny recently posted…The Siblings Project {February 2017}My Profile

February 15, 2017 at 9:13 pm
  • Reply lindsey

What a cutie, hope bubba feels better soon, its this awful weather and well done boys. lastly im more than happy to come over for spaghetti and meatballs x

February 14, 2017 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

Hope little one is feeling better now. It’s been just the same here too! It’s crap to see them poorly isn’t it?
    Well done to your boys for getting their swimming badges too 🙂 x

February 14, 2017 at 6:40 pm
  • Reply Morgana

I hope you’re all feeling better now, it’s rotten when tiny ones are poorly isn’t it? Well done to your boys on their swimming achievements!
    Have a great week. xx
    Morgana recently posted…Copper ombre hair, my new favourite for 2017My Profile

February 14, 2017 at 12:33 pm
  • Reply Newcastle Family Life

Hope that you are all feeling better, we have spent what feels like forever unwell too. That unicorn towel is so cute! xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Tapas Revolution Opens In NewcastleMy Profile

February 14, 2017 at 11:07 am
  • Reply Clare nicholas

I hope you are feeling better soon. We all got horrid cold here.
    Loving the unicorns and well done on the swimming badges kids
    Clare nicholas recently posted…The written wordMy Profile

February 14, 2017 at 9:16 am
  • Reply fashionandstylepolice

Hope you all are feeling much better. Well done to the boys.
    fashionandstylepolice recently posted…5 DIY Fashion TipsMy Profile

February 14, 2017 at 9:07 am

Sorry to hear about all the coughs and that going around and I agree I much prefer your title lol !Hope everyone feels better soon!

February 13, 2017 at 11:19 pm
  • Reply Emma

Sorry to hear your little one isn’t feeling well. But when that happens you just need to slow down and hole yourself up in the house! Take it easy and don’t feel guilty about it!
    Emma recently posted…(Zucchini) Courgette Breakfast MuffinsMy Profile

February 13, 2017 at 10:55 pm

That unicorn towel is the most adorable thing ever! And well done to your sons on their swimming badges – great news!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…Why my on-line friends became my best friendsMy Profile

February 13, 2017 at 7:16 pm
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

aww how fab well done boys and im loving that unicorn towel!!
    Deborah Nicholas recently posted…A Smart Witness To Traffic Accidents!My Profile

February 13, 2017 at 7:04 pm
  • Reply clairejustine

I have been wearing joggers and warm jumpers too this week, it has been so cold. Aww the unicorn towel is so sweet.

February 13, 2017 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply Jon

Great post! My wife will come up with any excuse to watch White House Down so she can watch Channing!

February 13, 2017 at 6:04 pm