Family

The Siblings Project – January 2017

It has been almost impossible to get a picture of the three children together this month. With illness and Darcey on the move I thought I would never get there. I haven’t taken part in the siblings project before but I think it will be really nice to see how their relationship changes over time.

siblings january

It’s fair to say that although the boys absolutely adore Darcey they don’t have the same feelings about each other all the time. Darcey equally adores her brothers, she looks for them when they are at school and is so pleased to see them. Seeing the bond they have with her makes my heart burst.

Ben and Darcey

Darcey is a little bit of a risk taker and to be fair so is Ben. I once caught him trying to surf down the stairs on a boogy board, also he tried to fly once, that’s another story! I find it amazing how protective he is over Darcey. If he sees her near the edge of a sofa or if she starts to climb he runs over to make sure she’s safe and sound. Sometimes he’s a bit too careful and I have to tell him to let her do it for herself.

Will and Darcey

Will is the typical protective big brother, he’s very serious about his role. He completely loves her and is always helping to look after her. When my back hurts he’s on hand to pick her up. When we had a bit of a pooptastic explosion he brought me everything I needed to sort her out. Every time Darcey sees him her whole face lights up it’s such a delight to see them together.

Will and Ben

We haven’t had too many fights this month, it’s rarely physical and more getting each other into trouble and telling tales. They are 8 & 9 so it’s often about point scoring! I think this is probably because Will has been so ill this month and just lying in bed getting better. Ben has been concerned about Will he’s been helping to look after him, sitting with him on my bed. They love each other deep down.

Next month I’m going to be far more organised and get some nicer photos of them all to share with the siblings project.

The Me and Mine Project

• Reply Lucy

Awww, these photos are lovely. And it’s so lovely to read about the different dynamics between your three. I’ll look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous trio this year. Thanks for linking up with Siblings Project. x

January 30, 2017 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply Kara

Well done on getting pictures of the kids together 🙂
    Kara recently posted…Silent Sunday – 29th January 2017My Profile

January 29, 2017 at 8:35 am
  • Reply Newcastle Family Life

Lovely photos, your boys look so smart in their school uniforms xx
    Newcastle Family Life recently posted…Learning To Cook Thai At Thaikhun Cooking SchoolMy Profile

January 28, 2017 at 9:32 am
  • Reply tots2travel

And I particularly like the grow-bag photo. Super cute.
    tots2travel recently posted…Ardanaiseig Hotel – Visiting Scotland’s Most Romantic Hotel with … ToddlersMy Profile

January 26, 2017 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply tots2travel

Aw, we’re stopping at two boys but your trio are so gorgeous. If I was ten years younger I might be in your shoes!

January 26, 2017 at 4:39 pm

Such gorgeous photos! I LOVE the one of the boys in their school uniforms – how smart do they look?!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…A letter to myself on my 17th birthdayMy Profile

January 26, 2017 at 11:21 am
  • Reply kat

It’s so nice to see how they love each other. Boys look to be so supportive for the little girl and I think she enjoys their company:) I’m looking forward to see more pictures:)
    kat recently posted…Film of the month- RomeMy Profile

January 25, 2017 at 7:03 pm
  • Reply Jo

Those are lovely photos, the boys look very smart in their school uniforms 🙂
    Jo recently posted…SCI-MX Nutrition Product ReviewMy Profile

January 25, 2017 at 7:02 pm
  • Reply Joanna

You managed to get some lovely photos. It’s great that the boys get on so well with their little sister.

January 25, 2017 at 5:24 pm
  • Reply Talya

Ah what a lovely trio so interesting to hear about all their dynamics
    Talya recently posted…Welcome to the #coolmumclub…week 54My Profile