Family

Illness, soup & Sherlock – #littleloves 3/52

illness, soup & sherlock

These weeks are going way to quickly this year. Unfortunately we seem to have this lingering illness hanging over our house. Darcey has been off colour but maybe that’s more teething. Ben has been super moody and tired, I’m expecting him to get ill. Will has been off school ill with a temperature and sore throat and to be honest I feel a bit pants too. But we’re going to power through this, I’m a mum I have no time to be ill at the moment.

illness

I know he’s poorly when he falls asleep on the sofa in the middle of the day.

Read

The boys and I finished reading the Famous Five book 12 we mentioned last week. On Tuesday we went upstairs for an earlyish story and read the last 3 chapters in one go. Hubby had to put off cooking dinner until we could finish the book. Well you can’t put it down with only a few chapters to go!

The boys have been reading First News which we did a review on this week here. They feel very grown up reading a kids newspaper and have been sharing all the facts with me they’ve learnt.

First News

I’ve been trying to find some time to read myself. Usually I spend the week reading and commenting on all your lovely blogs. I have just started the Sheryl Sandberg book Lean In. Will let you know how I get on, might be time for some work self improvement for me.

Watched

So the hubby and I are officially Sherlock obsessed. I know that we are years behind the rest of you but it has it’s advantages. In the last 2 weeks we’ve watched the first two seasons and started season 3 on Netflix. No spoilers in the comments please!

Another favourite of ours is back on this week, Lucifer on Amazon. This we got into at the end of last year and it’s been off for the last 3 weeks. Tom Ellis plays Lucifer who is the Devil living in LA. He’s decided that he’s had enough of ‘Dad’ and is going to rebel and do his own thing owning a nightclub called Lux. It’s a great series to watch.

Made

This week we made some lovely Sweet Potato, Coconut and Chilli Soup have a look at the recipe here. It’s done me for lunches all week which is great as I’m not into sandwiches and tend to grab a bowl of cereal when I’m at home. It’s much nicer and cheaper than shop bought soups as well.

Wore

Well I’ve not been feeling well this week which means comfy clothes. I realised I had worn the wrong joggers to paint in and now have two pairs covered in paint. My hubby kindly gifted me his old Under Armour joggers – now that really is love.

Darcey has rocked this new Joules dress my friend gave her for her birthday this week.

Heard

This week I’ve heard lots of nursery rhymes, mainly ‘row, row, row the boat’ and ‘wind the bobbin up’.

I’ve enjoyed hearing Ben read to me this week after school, we’ve been reading a book about explorers and have learnt lots of new facts.

and lastly

I’ve been loving my new office which I’m going to write a post about. I’ve found some lovely new stationary from Happy Jackson – well if you go back to work you deserve new stationary I think.

Will took part in a school rugby match on Wednesday for the first time which he loved. He also went with the school to a local indoor athletics competition, they didn’t do very well but he had a great time competing.

• Reply Mummy and Monkeys

Oh wow that stationery! I hope you are all feeling better now. That penguin jumper is so cute! #littleloves

January 26, 2017 at 10:27 pm
  • Reply Morgana

Sorry there’s been so much poorliness in your house – not fun! Hope you’re all on the mend now.
    Loving the stationery! Happy Jackson is one of my faves xx
    Morgana recently posted…5 Things I Love About La La Land (and why you should probably go and see it)My Profile

January 26, 2017 at 1:17 pm
  • Reply Naomi

Your post makes me so happy because your boys love the Famous Five. I have two boys and I had assumed they wouldn’t want to read the books I read as a child – perhaps I’m wrong. I’m also a bit jealous that you’ve still got Sherlock to watch, it’s brilliant.

January 26, 2017 at 8:01 am
  • Reply Tooting Mama

I Just love the sound of the soup – it looks so delicous. I’m a stationary addict so love the notebooks too!

January 25, 2017 at 8:49 am
  • Reply Katie

Hope everyone’s beginning to feel even a little bit better! I was always a major fan of the Famous Five and Secret Seven books! Your soup also sounds incredible – I’m going to have to give it a try!

January 24, 2017 at 1:34 pm
  • Reply Emma

I hope everyone in your house feels better soon. I used to love Enid Blyton books like The Secret Seven and The Famous Five. The photo of Darcey is adorable.
    Emma recently posted…At home with Mr & Miss. C – January 2017My Profile

January 23, 2017 at 8:11 pm
  • Reply George Foster

OMG you have to keep going with Sherlock! It’s brilliant! I’ve also started reading some of Conan Doyle’s short stories with Holmes and Watson. ‘A Study in Scarlet’ is brilliant! You should give it a read!

January 23, 2017 at 3:35 pm
  • Reply Kerry Norris

I love happy Jackson products. That soup looks lovely and hubby and I love Sherlock x
    Kerry Norris recently posted…Disneyland Paris AccommodationMy Profile

January 23, 2017 at 6:23 am
  • Reply Nicola Cassidy

I try to read a lot – since getting into book blogging and trying to write myself, my TBR list is huge! But you can def go through phases where you struggle to find anything you think you will enjoy. Love the look of that soup!

January 23, 2017 at 12:19 am
  • Reply Vicki Coombe

we have a Darcie too though spelt a little different. That dress is amazing though, so cute! #littleloves
    Vicki Coombe recently posted…sibling love, lollipop wands and cold days #LittleLovesMy Profile

January 22, 2017 at 10:57 pm
  • Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran

I love Happy Jackson stationery. I have some myself!
    Lyndsey O’Halloran recently posted…The girl who doesn’t sleepMy Profile

January 22, 2017 at 7:23 pm
  • Reply Jooleroo | mama owl blog

I hope the illness leaves your house soon and that you manage to stave it off. Love the new stationery, looks fab.
    Jooleroo | mama owl blog recently posted…#MySundayPhoto | First ToothMy Profile

January 22, 2017 at 3:12 pm
  • Reply Rachel George, Ordinary Hopes

Ooh, that soup has caught my attention. I am a big soup fan and a sweet potato lover so this sounds fab!
    Rachel George, Ordinary Hopes recently posted…Where were the good people?My Profile

January 21, 2017 at 10:43 pm
  • Reply Stacie

Loving the new stationery! I haven’t watched Sherlock, although feel like I should as everyone is talking about it. Enjoy your weekend xx
    Stacie recently posted…Ed Sheeran, Wellies & Blog Dreams! #LittleLovesMy Profile

January 21, 2017 at 7:57 pm
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

Oh ive dithered over Lucifer for a while now so will definitely add it to my to watch list! Loved Sherlock and did it all over a week! That penguin dress is too cute!
    Deborah Nicholas recently posted…Thaikhun Cookery ClassesMy Profile