Family

Joining #Littleloves 1/52

#littleloves

As it’s a New Year I’ve started to think about goals and what I want to achieve. I’ve seen lots of posts where people have been organised and decided to put their goals down on paper. Now there’s a very good reason I have done this yet. I go back to work tomorrow and until I know what my new job is and how my routine will change I haven’t decided on my goals. I’m going to give my self until the end of the month. I do want to get involved in linky’s and documenting our year. I came across the #littleloves linky with coffee work sleep repeat on a fellow bloggers site and thought this was perfect for me.

Read

Tabby McTat

This week I read Tabby Mctat by Julia Donaldson & Alex Scheffler with Darcey. She got this book for Christmas and the cat looks just like ours. Although she’s a bit young to understand she loved the pictures and I love Julia Donaldson books. Usually I read to the boys at night before bed, however with the end of the school holidays they’ve been staying up late and we’ve missed our night time stories.

Watched

I’m waiting for a few of my favourite series to come back on TV. We’ve been so busy this week that the only memorable thing I’ve watched is the Big Fat Quiz of the Year. It’s so funny, I love Jimmy Carr and from my results I know very little about what’s happened this year. Thanks to Mel though I now know a lot about Cross Rail!

Heard

On Thursday I was talking to fellow bloggers on Twiter about the perfect Valentines songs. We came up with She by Elvis Costello, Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran and All of me by John Legend. Needless to say I was listening to these shortly after our little chat.

Made

Beanbag Cushions

Beanbag Cushions

I’ve been abnormally creative this week. I’ve made some gorgeous bean bag cushions for Darcey’s new little teepee. If you like them here’s a step by step guide, they were very easy to do and not expensive.

Wore

Off out for hubby’s Christmas Do

We went out to my husbands Christmas do last night, I know it’s January! They always do it after Christmas which is actually quite nice because it’s a meal out to look forward too. I got to wear a beautiful Coast top I bought in the sale on our recent London trip. This was a bit different for me with sequins and feathers. I’m never usually this adventurous.

And lastly

Darcey had her first day at nursery this week and the boys have gone back to school. My maternity leave has ended now and I’m a bit sad that the year has gone so quickly.

Off to nursery

Off to nursery

Boys first day back to school and Darcey’s first day at nursery.

I also managed to grab a bit of a bargain whilst shopping. I’ve been looking for new placemats for ages and managed to get these from Laura Ashley with 40% off.

New Placemats

I hope you’ve all had a good first week of the year.

Little Loves Coffee Work Sleep Repeat

• Reply Anna

I absolutely love the idea, you guys look so cute. x

January 13, 2017 at 12:32 pm
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

I love those cushions you’ve made, I wish i could do something like that. Goals are hard I think, we need them for direction but we also need to be flexible too
    Zena’s Suitcase recently posted…Camp Bestival Headline Acts Announced! @CampBestivalMy Profile

January 13, 2017 at 12:13 pm
  • Reply Keely's Nails

Oh the pattern on those placemats is lovely. Great choice.
    Keely’s Nails recently posted…Stormy Swirly Nail Art Stamping ManiswapMy Profile

January 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply fashionandstylepolice

Wow your kids look so sharp. Well done. Good luck with 2017.
    fashionandstylepolice recently posted…Winter Clothing Staples Every Woman NeedsMy Profile

January 11, 2017 at 2:01 pm
  • Reply Morgana

Welcome to Little Loves, Lisa, it’s so lovely to have you joining in.
    I love the Big Fat Quiz programmes, they are just so funny. We watched the Big Fat Quiz of Everything the other day and if you haven’t seen it, it’s well worth a watch.
    Your boys look so smart in their uniform, it’s such a gorgeous picture with them and their little sister.
    Have a great week! xx

January 11, 2017 at 10:07 am

Thanks Morgana. Looking forward to joining in with you all x

January 11, 2017 at 8:10 pm
  • Reply Marie Barber

We love Julia Donaldson books too i really need to get this one as my boy loves cats, i love the teepee so cute!
    Marie Barber recently posted…New Year Big Goal! My Profile

January 11, 2017 at 8:52 am

I love Jimmy Carr as well. I didn’t end up watching The Big Fat Quiz this year but its on my to watch list. This is fab x
    Ana De-Jesus recently posted…Caitlyn JennerMy Profile

January 10, 2017 at 9:14 pm

We love all the Julia Donaldson books. The boys look very smart in their uniforms too
    ChelseaMamma recently posted…Oblumi Tapp Thermometer ReviewMy Profile

January 10, 2017 at 1:43 pm
  • Reply Rachel

The Teepee looks amazing, you have made me want to build a fort and escape in to it x

January 10, 2017 at 11:25 am
  • Reply Sophie

Loving the beanbags in the teepee! So pretty and clever of you!

January 10, 2017 at 9:09 am
  • Reply Talya

Ooooh I’m loving the teepee so gorgeous well done you – you’re on a creative roll!
    Talya recently posted…10 things to remember when motherhood gets toughMy Profile

January 10, 2017 at 6:41 am
  • Reply Tots2travel

Love the beanbags and don’t your boys look wonderfully smart in those uniforms.

January 9, 2017 at 9:16 pm

Oh I love this idea, I must join in! You look gorgeous on your husbands Christmas do!!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…Twenty wishes for 2017My Profile

January 9, 2017 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Awww look how cute your boys with Darcy look, and I love the idea of a christmas do after January. Wish you good luck with the return back to work.
    Anosa recently posted…{Fashion Monday} Embrace the season My Profile

January 9, 2017 at 6:36 pm
  • Reply Alina

I love making stuff so your bean bag cushion is definitely up my street. Looks so cute! Also, John legend’s song never gets old 😉

January 9, 2017 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

Aww your boys look so handsome and i agree this last year has gone way to fast!
    Deborah Nicholas recently posted…10 Ways To Get Out Of That ‘New Year, New You’ Funk!My Profile

January 9, 2017 at 4:53 pm
  • Reply Donna

Oh your boys look so grown up! Love the uniform. Maternity leave flies by doesn’t it? I hope the return to work goes well. Those cushions are awesome, I am in no way creative but they look really professional x

January 8, 2017 at 10:34 pm