Baby

Darcey’s First Birthday

Darcey's First Birthday

Wow what a busy start to the year, today was Darcey’s first birthday. I can’t believe that my baby girl is 1 already, 2016 went far too quickly.

Our morning

We’ve had a wonderful day today, it started off with presents. Since Christmas Darcey has become an expert at opening presents she gets right in there. She was very happy with the teepee and teddies we got her.

ready for her birthday

All ready for Darcey’s First Birthday

birthday presents

Opening my presents

first birthday

Today I am 1

After croissants for breakfast we all got ready and met some friends for a lovely walk down the beach. We managed to get out between the showers and it was actually quite warm. Darcey had a little nap for the first part of the walk and then woke up to have a play in the sand.

My First Birthday

My First Birthday

The grown ups needed the walk to blow away the cobwebs. It was a late night celebrating the new year last night. We had friends over for dinner and watched the fireworks on TV.

Party time

For her first birthday we had lots of family and friends to our house to celebrate. She was a bit overwhelmed at first with all the people but after a while was on the floor playing and opening presents.

First Birthday Cake

First Birthday Cake

Blowing out my candles

Blowing out my candles

Darcey how you’ve grown

What a fantastic first year we’ve had with you. You’ve grown so much and I can’t believe how a baby can change so much. You are becoming far more independent and you let us know when you don’t want to do something! At the moment you have 7 teeth and I’m sure in the next few days another one is going to appear.

You are so close to walking, you will use your new pushchair walker or the furniture to get around. We nearly saw your first step today but thought better of it and crawled instead.

You love your brothers so much and your face lights up whenever you see them. You love music and your little dance is hilarious, you love looking at books too.

Your favourite toy is sleepy bunny and you won’t go to sleep without him. You also love the dolly that you got for Christmas and I love seeing you cuddle and kiss her, it’s so cute.

You love food, well at least anything that mummy or daddy is eating. Recently you won’t eat any baby food and have decided that our food is much better. You still like your milk and have three bottles a day.

Slow down baby girl and don’t grow too quickly. I looking forward to all our adventures that we are going to have together in 2017.

• Reply Chloe Ciliberto

She is an absolute angel!! What gorgeous presents too and that cake looks incredible. It goes so fast, I can’t believe my daugther is nearly three. This is making me broody! x
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…MADE IN CORNWALL: MEET PHOTOGRAPHER OLIVIA BOSSERTMy Profile

January 12, 2017 at 11:29 pm
  • Reply Emma

Oh my goodness, that rocking horse is so adorable! The cake is just divine as well, what a lucky little lady! This is such a lovely post that you can all look back on in years to come.
    Emma recently posted…Travel Plans for 2017 – Northern European Road TripMy Profile

January 11, 2017 at 11:47 am
  • Reply Jenni - Odd Socks and Lollipops

Awwww how wonderful. Happy first birthday Darcey! It sounds like a lovely day, and how cute is that teepee. I love the cake!

January 11, 2017 at 9:58 am
  • Reply BloggerMummyLauren

Aww Happy 1st Birthday to Darcey! looks like she had a lovely day, love the teepee you got for her.
    BloggerMummyLauren recently posted…Some Time Alone – The Ordinary MomentsMy Profile

January 11, 2017 at 8:51 am
  • Reply Anosa

Aww what a lovely day. She looks so happy in her teepee! The cake is lovely, really pretty. Happy birthday Darcie
    Anosa recently posted…Destinations Revisited ~ Vintgar GorgeMy Profile

January 10, 2017 at 11:34 pm
  • Reply Lyndsey O'Halloran

Happy Birthday. Love the teepee!!

January 10, 2017 at 4:22 pm
  • Reply motherhoodtherealdeal

Ah happy 1st birthday Darcey – looks like she had a lovely time and loving that tepee! x
    motherhoodtherealdeal recently posted…So whose responsibility is childhood obesity?My Profile

January 10, 2017 at 11:54 am
  • Reply Rhian Westbury

That teepee is so pretty and looks like Darcey was spoilt for her first birthday. It must be so strange to look back on how much has changed over the past year x
    Rhian Westbury recently posted…Why Having A January Birthday Can SuckMy Profile

January 10, 2017 at 11:27 am
  • Reply The Amphletts

Beautiful idea for the day & I love the little update at the end

January 5, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Awww happy belated birthday Darcy, sounds like a lovely and well spent day.
    Anosa recently posted…{Travel Favourites} Top 10 Travel Posts of 2016My Profile

January 3, 2017 at 8:17 pm
  • Reply Vai Chin @Rambling Through Parenthood

Happy birthday, Darcey. So glad you had such a lovely first birthday. xx
    Vai Chin @Rambling Through Parenthood recently posted…Sky Blanket 2016: The FinaleMy Profile

January 3, 2017 at 2:16 pm

Happy Birthday Darcey, looks like you had a wonderful day and I love your cake 🙂
    ChelseaMamma recently posted…Days Out in Review – July to December 2016My Profile

January 3, 2017 at 10:22 am

Happy first birthday Darcey she is beautiful. You guys really treated her, love the teepee and the cake is so cute as well!

January 3, 2017 at 12:01 am

Happy birthday!! First birthdays are so special, it looks like you had a wonderful time!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…The lessons I learned in 2016My Profile

January 2, 2017 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Lauretta Wright

Looks like Darcey had a great first birthday – and I’m loving the tent! My daughter had one of those as a young girl and she loved it. How lovely you’ve documented this as well – she’ll read this when she’s 7 or 8 and love reading about herself!
    Lauretta Wright recently posted…10 Great Ideas For Saving Money In 2017My Profile

January 2, 2017 at 9:20 pm
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

She looks a happy child! Doesn’t time go fast, my son is 20 next week! Love the cake too, so pretty.
    Mellissa Williams recently posted…My Beauty Tips For Perfect MakeupMy Profile