Days out

Star Wars Identities

On Monday the boys received an early Christmas present and went to visit the Star Wars Identities exhibition at the O2. This only opened in November so I haven’t seen many reviews and was unsure of what to expect.

Interactive

This is a great interactive experience for the whole family. When we arrived we were given a smart wrist band and a audio headset to help us on our quest. As we walked around the exhibition we scanned our wristbands to make choices about how our characters will develop. The audio headsets work automatically by standing near a yellow pad on the floor and gave us information about the section we were in. This links with the identify we had to create and snippets of the Star Wars films.

The force

Are you going to be on the good or bad side of the force?

Identity

As we walked around we created our own identity with the help of the smart wrist band. We got to choose lots of things like what species, job, personality, family values we wanted. As we choose we were given information about the characters this relates to in Star Wars. It is great for children to see this information from a different point of view as well. As everyone chooses different options you will come out with a completely unique character. At the end of the exhibition you are shown your character and can email it to keep.

Star wars identities

These are our identities.

Props

Walking through the exhibition we saw all the original props used making the Star Wars franchise. The costumes are fantastic and you also get an insight into how the characters and special effects in the movies were created. There are so many of the ships on display for you to look at as well which the boys loved.

Padmé Amidala costumes

Padmé Amidala costumes

Han Solo and Princess Leia costumes

Han Solo and Princess Leia costumes

Millennium Falcon

Millennium Falcon

Yoda

Yoda

Even if you aren’t a massive Star Wars fan you will still enjoy visiting the exhibition. It’s very reasonably priced, I paid £46 for a family ticket. It’s also very accessible, theres plenty of room for pushchairs or wheel chairs. The exhibition is on until 3rd September 2017 and I booked tickets through Love Theatre.

• Reply Valerie

This looks fun. I still remember the first time I saw it.

December 29, 2016 at 3:36 am
  • Reply Oindrila

Your kid must have had a fun day in the exhibition. This sounds like a lot of fun. ?

December 27, 2016 at 8:47 am
  • Reply blair villanueva

What a nice present for your boys and glad that they have enjoyed Starwars! Thank you for sharing you kids happiness 🙂

December 27, 2016 at 2:09 am
  • Reply Kerry Norris

My stepdad is over from Australia and would love this. He’s a star wars fanatic. Will have to tell him to go. X
    Kerry Norris recently posted…The Christmas Blogger Interview – TwinderelmoMy Profile

December 26, 2016 at 11:15 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

This looks so fantastic for Star Wars fans. What a lovely treat. Kaz x

December 26, 2016 at 9:10 pm
  • Reply Sanja

Very interesting! I am sure this is a great exhibit for Star Wars fans!

December 26, 2016 at 10:02 am

We were at the O2 on Wednesday and I had no idea this was even there. My hubby is Star Wars mad so definitely going to buy tickets for when we are next in London – thanks for the heads up
    ChelseaMamma recently posted…Marvel Universe LIVE – Super Heroes AssembleMy Profile

December 26, 2016 at 8:29 am
  • Reply Isaly Holland

This is super cool! I would have loved to go to a exhibit for star wars (:

xoxo
    Isaly Holland

December 26, 2016 at 6:06 am
  • Reply Radhika

This is so cool! I wish for it to be held in India, I’d travel to any town just to visit this exhibition!
    Merry Christmas
    xoxo
    Radhika
    Radhika recently posted…10 Last Minute DIY Christmas DecorationsMy Profile

December 25, 2016 at 10:01 pm
  • Reply Amrita

I love Star wars This looks like a great family day out options

December 25, 2016 at 1:54 pm
  • Reply Nikki

This looks like a like of fun, I’m sure the kids had a fabulous time! x

December 24, 2016 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply Rose

Oh this will be a big hit everywhere. I have at least 2 Star Wars fans here. I will keep a look out to see when and if it comes near us.

December 24, 2016 at 10:02 pm
  • Reply Lauretta Wright

Well, you do learn something new every day! I never knew this exhibition existed, but I’m pretty sure my son would be all over this. Thanks for this and I think I’ll have to book for 2017!

December 24, 2016 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Jemma

Wow I didn’t know about this! My son would love this!

December 24, 2016 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Grant R

A few of my friends have been to this. Their photos keep creeping up on my Facebook feed. It looks phenomenal!
    Grant R recently posted…My Billionaire Christmas Wist ListMy Profile

December 24, 2016 at 6:56 pm
  • Reply meme

Wow, I had no idea there was a Star Wars themed exhibit. Perfect for the Star Wars fanatics. I’m sure with the newest movie coming out soon this will make everyone very happy! Thanks for sharing!

December 24, 2016 at 3:21 pm