Days out Lifestyle

Visit to Father Christmas

Today we’ve had a very exciting start to the school holidays. We went to our local Stewarts Garden Centre to visit Father Christmas. I was really looking forward to this as I was to ill to take the boys last year and it was Darcey’s first visit to see Father Christmas.

I was really pleased that I managed to get tickets. In my usual disorganised state I had left it to the last minute to book. Luckily they had a few available dates as other schools are yet to break up. It wasn’t too expensive £8.95 a child and £1 per adult.

Stewarts Garden Centre

Stewarts is a local Garden Centre and I’ve taken the kids here to visit Father Christmas before. It’s such a lovely place to visit all year around. We met Grandma and Nanny there for lunch first in the restaurant. Then we had a nice look around the Christmas decorations and Christmas scenes.

elfie

The boys loved the ‘elfie’ station.

They have real reindeer that the children can see before they go into the Father Christmas which is a nice extra. Outside the grotto are all the Christmas trees for sale, it’s like a mini forest which adds to the magic.

Meeting Father Christmas

At the allotted time we queued up to see Father Christmas, we were met by a friendly elf. There was a short walkway through an enchanted setting with lots of snow and animals to see. They only let a certain number of people in at a time so it wasn’t crowded. We had plenty of time to stop and look at everything without holding people up.

father Christmas visit father Christmas visit

The children met with Father Christmas and told him what they wanted for Christmas. I wasn’t sure if Darcey would cry meeting Father Christmas but she was fascinated by him. The children each received a lovely gift, Darcey got a rag doll and the boys received wind powered cars to make.

father Christmas visit

It was a lovely afternoon out and I’m so glad I got to take the children this year.

Have you been to visit Father Christmas this year?

So glad that you and the kids enjoyed your trip to see Father Christmas. Great gifts too and his beard is impressive !
    Ana De-Jesus recently posted…Caitlyn JennerMy Profile

December 18, 2016 at 3:05 pm

We always take the kids to Stewarts and couldn’t believe when we found it was fully booked – we have seen others though
    ChelseaMamma recently posted…Saturday is Caption Day – 17th December 2016 #satcapMy Profile

December 17, 2016 at 8:28 am
  • Reply clairejustine

Aww what a magical day. Mine use to love meeting Santa when they were younger. Lovely pictures 🙂

December 16, 2016 at 8:21 pm
  • Reply fashionandstylepolice

Wow this looks magical. I bet they had a good time.
    fashionandstylepolice recently posted…Beauty Muse – Meghan MarkleMy Profile

December 16, 2016 at 10:09 am
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

I love Santa’s beard. It looks like a lovely afternoon out and that Elfie photo is so cute!
    Mellissa Williams recently posted…An Oasis In The Forest Of Dean – Deanfield Bed And BreakfastMy Profile

December 16, 2016 at 9:31 am
  • Reply Welsh Cakes and Wellies

Looks like they had a lovely time, the place looks great, very Christmassy. We’re the same as you, two older boys and a little girl (ages 9, 6 and 18 months), so you’re pictures really made me smile.
    Welsh Cakes and Wellies recently posted…Jump Jam, Bridgend – for kids of all ages!My Profile

December 15, 2016 at 9:39 pm
  • Reply Grant R

Santa’s got a HUGE beard there! I love that Garden Centres embrace Christmas to keep visitors coming in when, traditionally, there isn’t a lot of gardening stuff going on. We’ve got one centre up here where Santa arrives by helicopter every year!
    Grant R recently posted…My Love of the Christmas Paper ChainMy Profile

December 15, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Ahh lovely photos. We have inadvertently ended up seeing four different Father Christmas’s this year! My children never grow tired of seeing him although I can’t say the same for us…!!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…Disney Frozen Northern Lights Party #FrozenInMy Profile

December 15, 2016 at 6:44 pm
  • Reply Cathy Glynn

I love their decorations, the children look really happy with Santa. We visited Santa at Bolsover Castle, he was so lovely and told the children a story x
    Cathy Glynn recently posted…Vosene Kids Launch the Trolls RangeMy Profile

December 15, 2016 at 10:42 am
  • Reply Talya

Ahhh what a lovely little festive experience for the whole family!

December 15, 2016 at 10:12 am