Family Lifestyle

7 days of Elf on the Shelf

ELF ON THE SHELF

We started the elf on the shelf Christmas tradition last year. On the 1st December the elf on the shelf arrived with a book to keep an eye on the boys behaviour. He came with a book to read to the children to explain what he does. The boys chose the name Sprout for our elf.

This year the elf on the shelf came back again. The boys were so excited to see what mischief he would get up to again. They have also been behaving very well since Sprout arrived. No one wants a bad report getting back to Santa!

What’s the Elf on the Shelf been doing

Day 1

elf on the shelf day 1

Thank goodness Sprout is back and bought the boys Advent calendars as mummy hadn’t remembered.

Day 2

elf on the shelf day 2

The mischief has started Sprout was caught rearranging the decorations on my Christmas tree.

Day 3

elf on the shelf day 3

Using marshmallows as building bricks with ballerina bunny.

Day 4

elf on the shelf day 4

The most creative yet. Sprout was staging a prison break out with the help of bunny and stealing the chocolate Santa. The kids loved seeing him hanging from the Velux window.

Day 5

elf on the shelf day 5

Not too naughty today. Sprout was just wishing us Merry Christmas, he was also wearing a Santa coming badge. Guess the boys must be on the good list!

Day 6

elf on the shelf day 6

The naughty elf is back making snow angels on the kitchen counter with flour. Daddy was not happy with this one.

Day 7

elf on the shelf day 7

Why is our elf so naughty? Drinking Coca Cola upside down, not a great example. The kids thought it was hilarious.

What have your elves been up to this year? Have you got another Christmas tradition you follow??

• Reply Chloe Ciliberto

This is absolutely brilliant. I love how creative you’ve been. We’ll be starting this next year and can’t wait! x
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…3 YUMMY MUMMY BREAKFAST SMOOTHIESMy Profile

December 15, 2016 at 6:08 am
  • Reply Evelina

Oh! This is such a cute idea!

December 12, 2016 at 12:31 pm
  • Reply Grant R

I’m so late to this Elf on the Shelf thing. I only just learned about it this week! I’ll be organised for it next year…..

December 11, 2016 at 3:40 pm
  • Reply Kerry Norris

Haha you’ve been so creative. I’m rubbish with ours. Literally just move him from place to place. I feel quite guilty about it actually x
    Kerry Norris recently posted…Classic Tiny Tears Doll has had a MakeoverMy Profile

December 10, 2016 at 11:22 pm

Sprout is adorable! Its great that he remembered to buy the boys advent calendars each!
    Ana De-Jesus recently posted…Caitlyn JennerMy Profile

December 10, 2016 at 1:51 pm
  • Reply clairejustine

Looks like lots of fun. I love Elf On The Shelf but my kids are a little to old for it now 🙁
    clairejustine recently posted…9 Christmas Dinner Sides Recipes..My Profile

December 10, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Looks like you have been having fun with the elves – I forgot to move ours last night #oops
    ChelseaMamma recently posted…#Vloject52 2016 – Week 50My Profile

December 10, 2016 at 12:14 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I am loving Elf on the Shelf this year, as someone without kids, it is such a fun read and some of you parents are just so imaginative x

December 9, 2016 at 8:59 pm
  • Reply Keely's Nails

The prison break with bunny is my favourite! I’m glad it’s working to keep them well-behaved!
    Keely’s Nails recently posted…Swatch: FUN Lacquer Ursa Major made with iparallaxeMy Profile

December 9, 2016 at 7:32 am
  • Reply Debbie Nicholas

Haha love it. I’m thoroughly enjoying having our elf again this year lol

December 8, 2016 at 11:31 pm
  • Reply Nell

you’ve created a little character! The snow angel had me laughing

December 8, 2016 at 10:38 pm

Haha fab ideas! We do elf on the shelf each year too, the children LOVE it! It’s just difficult thinking of 24 ideas every year!
    Five Little Doves recently posted…Christmas gift ideas for teenage boysMy Profile

December 8, 2016 at 7:48 pm
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

Lol, great photos and ideas. Looks like the Elf has been super busy already.
    MELANIE EDJOURIAN recently posted…Age 2 Verbal DevelopmentMy Profile