Pregnancy

Top 5 Pregnancy Essentials

Pregnancy was certainly one of the toughest things I’ve ever been through, although I am forgetting it rather quickly seen as it was only 7 weeks ago. I’ve started to sort out all my old pregnancy items that I no longer need, and a few I want to keep. These are the top 5 items that I couldn’t have done without during my pregnancy.

1) Pregnancy Pillow

Original U Shaped Pregnancy Pillow – Pregnancy Pillows
Bearing in mind how tired I was when I was pregnant, it seemed rather unfair that I found getting comfortable at night and actually sleeping rather difficult. I was sent this fantastic pregnancy pillow to review early on in my pregnancy and it made a massive difference. It allowed me to lie in a supportive and comfortable position and take the strain off my back and belly as I grew.

2) Stretch Mark Cream

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 21.36.57
OK so I was of the mind set that these creams don’t work and you either get stretch marks or you don’t. With the first 2 pregnancies I occasionally used Bio oil but not regularly as I probably should have. I got marks across my hips and stomach with both of these pregnancies. This time round I used the Mama Mio cream every day, just in the morning all over my stomach and hips, it smells so lovely and absorbed really quickly so it was easy to use. I can honestly say that I haven’t got any new marks from this pregnancy. I wish I’d used a cream with the first 2 pregnancies.

3) Heat Pack

Unscented Microwave wheat bag UK Made NON Scented Black or Dark Colours Amazon.co.uk Health Personal Care
These packs are amazing for all types of aches and pains. During pregnancy no one wants to take medication if they can help it. I would pop this in the microwave for 3 minutes and use it on my neck and back to ease any pains that I had.

4) Comfy Jeans

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 21.37.50
For me pregnancy was more about comfort than style. Although I couldn’t live in joggers everyday. It’s hard enough finding good comfy jeans when you’re not pregnant, let alone when your body shape is changing weekly. I found mine in Mothercare by Blooming Marvellous, I wore these throughout the pregnancy as they could be worn over or under the bump. They washed well and still looked great when I’d finished with them.

5) Pregnancy Vitamins

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 21.36.20
It’s important to look after yourself when you’re pregnant and make sure that you’re getting all the correct vitamins. After all you are growing a brand new human being and if you’re suffering from morning sickness it can be hard to eat well. Taking a pregnancy vitamin everyday will ensure that you’re body and baby are getting want they need.

What did you find most helpful during your pregnancy?

• Reply Emma @sophieellaandme

Great list. I wish I’d have thought about buying a decent stretch mark cream and heat pack when I was pregnant with Sophie as they would have been useful! I definitely agree to the pregnancy pillow, comfy clothes and vitamins though! x

February 27, 2016 at 10:15 pm

Thanks I wish I’d just stretch mark cream in the first 2 pregnancies. Benefits of hindsight. x

February 29, 2016 at 2:21 pm
  • Reply Harriet Lee

Ohh that cream looks fab. I was so rubbish at remembering to apply my bio oil in my first pregnancy and ended up with pretty bad stretch marks so I have vowed that next time I will be more consistent with applying something to prevent getting any more! Also totally agree with the comfy jeans, I don’t know how some people get through pregnancy without some proper maternity jeans! xo

February 27, 2016 at 11:17 am

The Tummy Rub was great I liked it because it smells gorgeous but more importantly absorbed instantly so I could get dressed rather than waiting for an oil to soak in. x

February 29, 2016 at 2:26 pm
  • Reply lambandbear

Fab list. I definitely agree with pregnancy vitamins, although I’ve not taken mine in a while! I can’t sleep without mu pregnancy pillow! x

February 27, 2016 at 8:54 am

I’ve got into a habit of taking all my vitamins as I get into bed and keep them in my bedside table. Only way I remember anything x

February 29, 2016 at 2:27 pm
  • Reply Oana

The heat pack sounds like an amazing idea, I could have done with one when I was pregnant!xx

February 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

It’s a great cheap and convenient alternative to medications. I’m still using it now for aches and pains x

February 26, 2016 at 10:41 pm
  • Reply Amanda (@OurWildThings)

A pregnancy pillow was a lifesaver for me as it was the only thing which helped me get comfy to sleep. It also was helpful for breastfeeding x

February 26, 2016 at 10:16 am

Yes I’ve been using it now for breastfeeding too. It’s still really comfy. x

February 26, 2016 at 10:49 pm
  • Reply Harriet from Toby & Roo

Couldn’t agree more! I had pregnancy vitamins, iron supplements and that yucky iron drink coming out of my ears! My maternity jeans and leggings were staples all the way through too – loved the comfort 🙂

February 26, 2016 at 9:08 am

I did feel bad not being more stylish in pregnancy but to be honest I was just too uncomfortable. x

February 26, 2016 at 10:50 pm
  • Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes

Multivitamins and maternity jeans were my main things during pregnancy! Oh and lots of coconut oil to rub into my bump.

February 26, 2016 at 6:54 am

Yes someone else mentioned coconut oil as being really good for stretch marks. Think it’s well worth a try x

February 26, 2016 at 10:52 pm
  • Reply Hannah - Budding Smiles

Great list, I’m 32 weeks now and still using a rolled up duvet because the pillow I had was awful, combined with a bad mattress it’s no wonder I ache constantly! Comfy clothes are a must and you can look nice but comfy too, I love maternity clothes!xx

February 26, 2016 at 6:43 am

The first pillow I got from high street store was awful and lasted about 2 weeks before falling apart. Anything to help with sleep was a must s

February 26, 2016 at 10:53 pm
  • Reply Kerry norris

A great list of essentials. I think a pregnancy pillow is a must and are the vitamins. I lived in a pair of over the bump genes x

February 26, 2016 at 3:08 am

I think the vitamins help prepare you for new mum life as well. Well worth taking them x

February 26, 2016 at 10:54 pm