What a miserable day it was on Saturday, there was no way we were going out in torrential rain and gale force winds. Instead we decided to stay in, watch the Rugby and make some home made pizza’s.
Ben and Daddy made the pizza dough and Ben loved kneeding and rolling it out. Daddy started being clever and throwing the dough in the air Italian style. Luckily it didn’t end up on the floor!
Next on to the toppings;
I had chorizo, mozzarella and olives.
Will had chorizo, peppers, mozzarella and olives.
Daddy had chorizo, peppers, olives, ham, mozzarella and sweetcorn.
Ben had chorizo, peppers, olives, sweetcorn, pineapple and mozzarella.
Yep the pizza didn’t last long at all. It tasted good.
Recipe is below for you to try, let me know what you think.
Ingredients for pizza base – makes 6
- 650g – 00 Italian Flour + extra for rolling out
- 7g – Yeast
- 2tsp – salt
- 50ml – warm milk
- 25ml – olive oil
- 325ml – warm water
- 250ml – passata
- 3tbsp – tomato puree
- Grated cheese
- Toppings of your choice
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and mix in the yeast and salt.
- Add the warm milk and olive oil and stir.
- Slowly mix in the warm water.
- Once mixed together knead for 5 minutes then cover with a tea towel and leave for 2 hours.
- Remove the dough and knead for another 5 minutes, leave for a further hour.
- Once the dough has risen separate in to 6 equal portions, dust the counter and a rolling pin and roll out into a thin, even pizza base.
- Mix the passata and tomato puree together and spread thinly over the pizza bases.
- Add your cheese and any toppings you like and pop in the oven at 200c for 10 mins.