Baby Family

Officially Registered

Yesterday little Miss was 3 weeks old, where has the last 3 weeks gone! We had an appointment to officially register her in the morning, and then planned to celebrate by going out for a nice lunch afterwards.

Throughout the night I was thinking have we picked the right name? Does she look like a Darcey? Should we start thinking about girls names again? After all she has to live with this name for the rest of her life, what if I’ve picked wrong…. I know crazy new mummy thoughts.

I don’t remember it being this hard picking Will and Ben’s names and the truth is that they are often called nicknames like ‘Bean’ and ‘Chicken’ anyway. There are just so many beautiful girls names that it was so hard to pick.

We looked at each other in the appointment and hubby asked me if I was sure about her name, yes absolutely thats it decision made. The registrar did say we can change her name within the first 12 months if we change our mind. I had no idea you could do this and am not planning on changing my mind.

So there we go, she’s 100% registered and official. The lovely Darcey Grace Lily …

IMG_7762.jpg

After registering Darcey we then went out to Loch Fyne and had a really nice lunch before picking her older brothers up from school. It was a great way to spend a Friday and celebrate her birth.

Anyone else struggle in committing to a name for your little one?

• Reply anotherbun1

Darcey is such a beautiful name – very appropriate for a beautiful little girl!

January 29, 2016 at 9:21 pm
  • Reply Something Crunchy Mummy

Gorgeous name and such a beautiful baby girl! Thanks got linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

January 28, 2016 at 9:57 pm
  • Reply Mama

Lovely! Big whopping congratulations! Our plan was for me to choose a Western name and the Mummy to choose a Thai middle name but I liked her choice so much we swapped the order. The decision was made when I was maybe 5 months pregnant and we never wavered. How odd would it be to change a kids name after 10 months or so?

#fartglitter

January 28, 2016 at 7:32 am

Thanks hun, I know I couldn’t imagine changing her name in future. I wonder in many people actually do this. xx

January 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm
  • Reply lambandbear

Her name is beautiful. I find girls names so much easier to choose. I’m pregnant with baby boy number 2 and literally have no names I like! X

January 28, 2016 at 2:52 am

Boys names I’m good with, can give you loads of suggestions xx

January 30, 2016 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Michaela Britton

Aww what a wonderful name. I also didn’t know that about being able to change names within 12 months x

January 26, 2016 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Silly Mummy

Aww – lovely name & congratulations! No, our names were picked before birth & stuck with. There were a lot of names I liked that OH would not consider, so took a while to pick ones both agreed. But I actually pulled rank on little one’s name, as they both have his surname, so I said she was having the name I wanted! I agree about choice for girls’ names – I think there is a lot more. I would have really struggled to pick a boy’s name I loved! #fartglitter

January 26, 2016 at 9:05 pm

We had the same conversation, then he left it up to me to choose her first name. It was between Darcey which he loved and another he hated so I felt compelled to go with Darcey xx

January 30, 2016 at 5:07 pm
  • Reply 4128miles

Oh gosh she is just lovely!

January 26, 2016 at 1:57 pm
  • Reply LifeOfADigitalMum

She’s so beautiful Lisa, can’t believe how much she looks like the boys! Looking forward to meeting her soon xx

January 25, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Thanks Sarah that would be great, boys would love to see Holly too xx

January 26, 2016 at 8:32 am
  • Reply chloelifeunexpected

What a stunning name!!!! We were determined to call our daughter Ava. Throughout our whole pregnancy she was going to be called Ava…then when she was born, it just didn’t seem to fit her (I know that sounds odd) and we both thought Evie (although not too different) was perfect. It is funny how stressful naming a girl can be! xx #love2blog

January 25, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Love the name Evie and Ava both were on our short list. Hubby had his heart set on Darcey though and after 3 days without a name thought I’d better pick one! x

January 26, 2016 at 8:31 am
  • Reply Life as Mum

This is so exciting. I love the name you have chosen 🙂
    Thank you so much for linking up to #justanotherlinky

January 25, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Thanks xx

January 26, 2016 at 8:30 am
  • Reply aliceyoung8

Aww it’s so exciting doing that. This is so funny because I was exactly the same before I had Amelia I was like what if I hate the name I decide on- I was waiting until she was born to choose between 2! But then once she was born she was definitely an Amelia! x

January 25, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Amelia was on my list of names, it’s beautiful but I have a friend with an Amelie so thought it was a bit too similar to her little girl. x

January 26, 2016 at 8:30 am
  • Reply Victoria

So cute! I remember registering Freddie. He’s nine weeks now

January 25, 2016 at 10:41 am

Thanks, it’s going so quickly. Just read your post about Freddie he’s gorgeous, glad he’s better now x

January 26, 2016 at 8:26 am
  • Reply islandliving365

She is absolutely gorgeous and I also think her name is beautiful and suits her 🙂 x #fartglitter

January 25, 2016 at 10:37 am

Thanks xx

January 26, 2016 at 8:26 am
  • Reply Pamela | Life With Munchers

Too cute! I had no idea you could change it either! Handy to know! I defo think she suits her name x

January 25, 2016 at 9:37 am

Thanks Pamela x

January 26, 2016 at 8:25 am
  • Reply Amanda Jenner

Awww she’s gorgeous and I love the name Darcey and it goes so well with Grace. I never knew you could change it xx

January 25, 2016 at 8:42 am

Thanks Amanda, can’t imagine changing it now we’ve been calling her Darcey for 3 weeks x

January 26, 2016 at 8:25 am