Pregnancy

30 weeks pregnant

IMG_7178

How the little bean has developed;

• I’m now as big as a large cabbage
  • I’m 39.9 cm long, and I’m growing at a steady rate, I weigh 2.91lbs now
  • My eyes are now wide open and I can see, it’s not very interesting in here though
  • I’ve started to shed that thin layer of downy hair, lanugo, that was keeping me warm as I’m now putting on weight
  • I’m trying to grow my hair this week, thinking about what style I would like, I’m going to surprise you when I’m born mummy
  • There’s about a litre of fluid around me now so you may feel my movements more

I’m really excited to be in week 30 and now it seems like the countdown to her arrival is in single digits, 75% of the cooking has been done!

Baby has been moving a lot over the last week, sometimes it looks like an alien is going to pop out of my stomach. The bump has also grown a lot over the course of one week, I’ve also started to put on weight again after having 4 weeks of staying pretty static. I’m religiously using my Mama Mio tummy rub cream in the hope that I won’t get anymore stretch marks from this pregnancy.

My hubby very kindly pointed out the bump was even bigger than I though as I can’t see over the curvature when I look down now. How lovely and supportive is he! I did however manage to struggle and paint my toenails this week, don’t think I’ll be doing this again until she has arived.

Baby has stayed well clear of my pelvis this week which has made walking a little bit more bearable but still struggling with the breathlessness and pain in my ribs.

Day to Day life

We’ve been really busy with the extension and everyone around me has been working hard on getting things moving along, I’m feeling quite lazy and useless really. On Saturday afternoon my dad and stepmum looked after the boys and we went to watch the new James Bond film. It was amazing, I can’t remember the last time I went and watched a ‘grown up’ film at the cinema, I did accidentally manage to eat a whole medium popcorn to myself as well oops.

Ben had a great 7th Birthday and hubby managed to get his room done so he now has the animal themed room he was desperate for. Take a look here if you want to see the pictures.

The extension is all starting to look like one room now and the roof is insulated and the floor is nearly down, I’m getting excited to think that in 2/3 weeks I might have the doors and kitchen fitted. It’s been 7 weeks and the tradespeople we’ve employed have been fantastic at working together and getting it all done.

IMG_7163

Health update

I had my anaesthetist appointment this week and we discussed the different types of pain relief that I can use during labour. I was really pleased that he took the time to listen to my concerns over epidurals and spinals after the back surgery. He also offered me a different option of pain relief called remifentinal, which I hadn’t heard of before, click here for the full update.

The baby has stayed clear of my pelvis this week and I’ve been a good girl having lots of rest during the day so things have eased up a bit and walking with the crutches is not as painful as it has been. I am concerned about what happens when the baby starts to engage and will bring this up with the consultant when I seen him again in 2 weeks.

On the other side because the baby is back to being high up I’ve felt a lot of pain in my ribs and top of my stomach. I’ve been taking omeprazole twice a day now which is helping ease this but it does make sitting upright and eating difficult as everything is getting very squashed.

Follow me of Facebook or Twitter to receive my regular updates. Links are at the top of the page.

• Reply Mummyandmonkeys

wow not long to go now, love your bump. I hadn’t heard of the pain relief before, it sounds like it could be a good option for you. Thanks for linking up to #PickNMix

November 19, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Thanks I think it is quite new to be used for labour but increasingly being offered instead of epidurals.

November 20, 2015 at 1:38 pm
  • Reply acornishmum

Aw not long now til you get to meet her 🙂 I love your updates, thanks for linking up to #Picknmix
    Stevie x

November 18, 2015 at 11:09 pm
  • Reply laura447

I’m glad you had a good appointment with the anaesthetist, I hope it eased some of your worries over the labour pains after your back surgery.

Sounds like you’ve had another busy week. Love these updated 😀

Laura x

November 17, 2015 at 10:03 pm

Thanks Laura 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply Five Adventurers

Love this post and think it’s just a great way to remember your pregnancy. On the final countdown once past 30 weeks the rest of the time flies by 🙂

November 17, 2015 at 6:33 pm

I know I can’t believe how quickly it’s all going. She’ll be here before I know it 🙂

November 18, 2015 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply lambandbear

You look amazing! I’m only 14 weeks and I look huge! I’m prone to weight gain so it’s something I just have to accept when pregnant. I’ll have to work hard to lose it when baby is here. You must be so excited to get the extension finished! X

November 17, 2015 at 5:06 pm

Congratulations, hope you’re feeling OK. I can’t wait to get this building work finished. x

November 18, 2015 at 9:25 pm
  • Reply My Little Babog Blog

The countdown to the single digits is my favourite time of pregnancy. Not long now #squeal You look fab btw, glowing you are!!

November 16, 2015 at 11:51 pm

Thank you, it must be the instagram filter that gives me the glow! x

November 17, 2015 at 9:36 am
  • Reply lori

wow 10 weeks to go and doing the extension, well done lady! It’ll be so exciting to finally meet the new arrival. x

November 16, 2015 at 11:42 pm

Thanks Lori, yes I don’t do things by halves. But probably easier to do building work now than with an infant. x

November 17, 2015 at 9:37 am
  • Reply Alice

Lovely update. I think when you hit 30 weeks there really isn’t long to go at all! You look gorgeous and the extension looks like it’s coming on well 🙂 xx

November 16, 2015 at 10:50 pm

Thanks Alice, can’t wait for the extension to be finished and have a kitchen again. The novelty has definitely worn off now and I think my nesting might be kicking in and can’t do anything x

November 17, 2015 at 9:39 am
  • Reply Danielle Hernandez

This is bringing me back to my first pregnancy and also reminding me of what I have to look forward to (I am currently 25 weeks pregnant). I’m finding that this time around my belly gets ‘tired’. I just want a break from being beat up from the inside, haha! Btw, you look great! x

November 16, 2015 at 9:36 pm

Congrats Danielle I know exactly how you feel, this little bubba is certainly strong last night I’m sure there was a whole dance recital going on inside my belly. Hope you’re pregnancy is going well x

November 17, 2015 at 9:41 am
  • Reply Ickle Pickle (@IcklePicklex)

How exciting – not long to wait now! I loved being pregnant, it’s amazing isn’t it? Kaz x

November 16, 2015 at 9:23 pm

Thanks Kaz very pleased to be on the countdown stage. To be fair with the aches and pains and few props I’ve still enjoyed this pregnancy. Maybe it’s because I know it’s definitely my last!

November 17, 2015 at 9:42 am
  • Reply Emma @sophieellaandme

Lovely update, you’re glowing! Not long to go now! Good luck with everything x

November 16, 2015 at 9:17 pm

Thanks Emma x

November 17, 2015 at 9:42 am
  • Reply Janine

I can’t believe how many bloggers are expecting next year. It’s a baby blogger boom or something. The extension looks good. We were planning on doing one but it would mean we basically lose our garden. But then again we don’t really use it with the bad weather. Decisions decisions.

November 16, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Thanks Janine, I read somewhere about a baby boom atm due to the 50 shades film! I still haven’t got round to watching it yet though! x

November 17, 2015 at 9:43 am
  • Reply farmerswifeandmummy

G was breech so I totally get the rib pain. I found it hard to eat! Very jel of your adult film and I’m hoping you get a new kitchen soon. Yay for the home strait xx #maternitymondays

November 16, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Thanks Emma I’m surprised I still have ribs left at the moment. It’s nice to get out and watch something not made by Disney, but I do love those too. x

November 17, 2015 at 9:44 am
  • Reply wendy

10 weeks to go! How exciting for you. Sorry to hear you have been having a lot of pain, hopefully this will get better soon, Your kitchen extension looks massive and how lovely your son has a nice, newly decorated bedroom. If we could decorate I think I would do an animal theme for my son too.xx #FartGlitter #maternitymondays

November 16, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Thanks Wendy, can’t wait for the building work to be finished. If your son loves animals then definitely check out a cartoon called Wild Kratz, Ben and I watch it all the time x

November 16, 2015 at 3:07 pm
  • Reply Jess

Looking lovely! :). Bet you can’t wait to have your extension finished, i’m sure it’ll be worth the wait! I had the epidural during my labour and it really helped for the first hour, then it wore off, turns out it wasn’t done properly, so by the time it came to pushing, I could feel everything, but in all honesty, I think that made it better, I knew when to push still so I didn’t miss out on it. Labour was actually awesome for me, I was very lucky 🙂 x

November 16, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I’m not too worried about the labour, actually didn’t mind the last 2 too much and felt very empowered and proud of myself for getting through it. x

November 16, 2015 at 3:06 pm
  • Reply confessionsofanaggingmother

Wow to your extension! You are looking really well 🙂 It is nice to get lots of you time and enjoy yourself before baby is here 🙂

Gemma xx

November 16, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Thank you, can’t wait for the building work to be over now! x

November 16, 2015 at 3:04 pm
  • Reply Mama

Looking gorge, as ever. Glad to hear the pain is easing up a little in some areas. Being pregnan sounds like a fab excuse to treat yourself to a salon visit to me. Might be a while till you get some peace to do it again so make the most of it x

Thanks for linking up to #fartglitter x

November 16, 2015 at 12:40 pm
  • Reply Mummy's Blog

I’ve had the toenail painting drama this week as well. Last time I think I got my husband to do it! #maternitymondays

November 16, 2015 at 10:35 am
  • Reply The Speed Bump

Not long to go! I remember 30 weeks was when it started getting really really exciting! #fartglitter

November 16, 2015 at 9:23 am
  • Reply Helen

Aww I remember all those alien like movements…so exciting!! Your extension is looking fantastic too, such a vast space 🙂 #MaternityMondays

Helen x