Pregnancy

200 days … what could you do

IMG_7066

I looked at my wonderful pregnancy plus app and it has told me that I am now 200 days pregnant. That seems like forever and much longer than I actually feel the pregnancy has been going on for, a 40 week pregnancy is 280 days so I’m well into the final stretch now.

What is 200 days:

• 6.57 months
  • 28 weeks and 4 days
  • 4,800 hours
  • 288,000 minutes

It got me thinking about what else I could have done in 200 days, here are some of my ideas;

1. Round the world in 180 days – I could have gone on a 180 day cruise with Oceania Cruises visiting 100 ports along the way for the bargain price of $45,000. I’d even have had 10 days to pack before hand and 10 days to get my land legs back at the end.
  2. The Mega Safari – a 200 day trip visiting 21 destinations and seeing, marine animals, primates, big cats and bears with natural world safaris. A very reasonable price of £176,000 maybe that’s for next year then!
  3. A whole school year – I read that Australia have a 200 day school year, imagine what I could have learnt.
  4. Space travel – earlier this year Samantha Cristoforetti spent 200 days in space, now that’s an achievement.
  5. Major league baseball – a whole season lasts 210 days in 2015 so I’ve nearly completed that.

As it is I’ve been creating a complete little miracle, growing an actual live human being from what started off as 2 individual cells. It just blows my mind how the human body can do this.

Leave me a comment with any other ideas for my 200 days 🙂

• Reply Becky Pink

So interesting to break it down into days instead of weeks. It feels like an eternity but there is a lot of amazing stuff going on in there! Becky x #TwinklyTuesday

November 16, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Thanks Becky, scary to think about in days. I agree it’s amazing what our bodies can do x

November 17, 2015 at 9:40 am
  • Reply mummascribbles

Love this way of looking at it! I’m not sure I know of anything of the top of my head that lasts 200 days! Thanks for linking up with #TwinklyTuesday

November 6, 2015 at 8:45 am
  • Reply Sarah Howe (@RunJumpScrap)

That is such a cool way of looking at it! I like the idea of a world tour but I guess when you get back there would be no gorgeous baby waiting! You are looking lovely and I hope you feel well. Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst xx

November 5, 2015 at 9:53 am
  • Reply Caro | The Twinkles Mama

Gosh — when you put it like that it sounds like SUCH a long time doesn’t it?! Thanks so much for linking up with us! #TwinklyTuesday

November 4, 2015 at 7:20 pm
  • Reply Nicole {Life's Tidbits}

I’m with you … 200 days is a long time & it’s unbelievable what the body can do. Not to mention that our bodies know what to do and how to do without us really ‘doing’ anything. Enjoy the pregnancy!! Mine went by faster than I realized and now my daughter is just about two. Seriously, where does the time go? As for the what you can do in 200 days I’m not totally sure, but growing a human sounds like a pretty perfect thing to me. 🙂

November 4, 2015 at 1:46 pm
  • Reply My Mummy Likes

Wow 280 days! I never looked at it like that! I feel like ive been pregnant for ages but 200 days seems much more, I have about 60 days to go now… around the world in 60 days? #bestandworst

November 4, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Yeah I like that one. It does seem a lot longer when you break it down in days. I nearly panicked when one app told me that when I first found out I was pregnant x

November 4, 2015 at 12:55 pm