Pregnancy

22 weeks pregnant – not a great week

IMG_6854

How the little bean has developed;

• I’m now the size of an aubergine
  • I’m 27.8 cm and I weigh 15.17oz now, nearly 1lbs, when I’m born I should be 7 times this weight.
  • Hair is starting to grow on my head but at the moment it’s white.
  • I’m moving a lot more and practising my co-ordination, hopefully it will be better than mummy’s!
  • Tooth buds are forming below my gums ready to start the fun of teething after I’m born.
  • My eye’s are fully formed but lack any colour I think they’ll be brown like mummy’s not blue like daddy’s.

Mummy update

The last 2 weeks I’ve generally been feeling OK due to the fact I’ve cut down a lot of my activities. I’ve been working from home on reduced hours, as recommended by the doctors and making sure I ‘m not doing anything too energetic. I may have got a bit complacent as I’ve been feeling much better and now it’s all gone a bit wrong!

Baby seems to be happy and healthy I was a bit worried when I didn’t feel her move for about a day earlier on in the week, I sat quietly and waited for her to move but nothing. Maybe it’s still to early to expect to feel her move every day? However Tuesday morning I came down with a sickness bug, although I felt awful for about 24 hours she started moving a lot, no doubt in protest to everything that was going on.

Day to Day life

We’ve settled back into a routine now the boys are back at school and I’ve just about got the hang of what uniform and activities they have on each day. Honestly I have a whiteboard in the kitchen to organise their activities, they have a busier social life then me! Slightly worried about how the new baby is going to fit in with all of this.

We’ve started getting the house ready for the building works to start on Wednesday. The garage has been cleared and everything put into storage. The decking and planting have been removed, hubby has done lots of tip runs! Just got to start packing up as much of the kitchen as possible and get that into storage now.

I took a photo of the back of the house before this all started as my ‘before’ photo.

IMG_6792

Back update

So as I said things were going really well from a pain perspective and I may have got a bit complacent. I got myself into the mindset that actually this pregnancy thing wasn’t that bad and maybe I was being over cautious. On Wednesday my oldest son was delayed coming out of school for 10 mins, this meant I had to stand at the school gates in the rain waiting for him, it also meant that we were then in a major rush to get to son no 2’s to his tennis lesson at 4pm. I hurried the kids into the car and got to the tennis centre, it was still pouring down so I rushed inside and this is when it all went wrong.

My pelvis and back have completely gone, walking back to the car after the lesson I was nearly in tears and wondered how I would actually make it. I didn’t have any crutches as had swapped cars with hubby and I was in a right state. I hoped that a good nights sleep might help and I’d feel better the next day but unfortunately no luck.

I’m now going everywhere on crutches, even small distances, last night I struggled to walk up the stairs to bed. It feels like a real bone pain, very similar to what I had after the spinal fusion. I’m just taking paracetamol and using a heat pack which to be honest isn’t doing anything for the pain. I will contact the doctors on Monday to ask about other pain relief which I’ve been putting off, in the back of my mind I’m worried it’ll affect the baby and I should tough it out as long as I can.

So I’m on a bit of a downer this week and pretty cross with myself for being in this position, I just hope with some rest and physio that things will improve next week.

Follow me of Facebook or Twitter to receive my regular updates. Links are at the top of the page.

• Reply Something Crunchy Mummy

Oh no I’m sorry to hear your backs bad 🙁 especially with two children to run after. It won’t be long and you will have your little bundle in your arms. I love these updates. #maternitymonday xx

September 22, 2015 at 1:45 pm

Sorry for the slow reply been a bit of a nightmare week, thank you for your support 🙂

September 30, 2015 at 11:50 am
  • Reply Jenna

Back pain was one of the least pleasant aspects of my pregnancy so I can totally relate to what you’re going through – hope it eases up for you soon. xx

September 21, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Thanks Jenna, it’s not much fun but will all be worth it in the end x

September 21, 2015 at 9:45 pm
  • Reply Mummy's Blog

I hope you’re feeling better soon, your back pain sounds awful. I’m 21 weeks and have just started getting it recently – it’s fine as long as I don’t stand up for more than a few minutes – easier said than done with a toddler! x
    #maternitymondays

September 21, 2015 at 9:20 pm

Thanks for the message. It’s hard when you can’t stand for too long, I had that with my back condition pre pregnancy I often ended up walking on the spot just to keep moving. Must have looked mad! x

September 21, 2015 at 9:29 pm
  • Reply helen gandy

Oh you poor thing…hope you are managing to get around ok, it must be so miserable for you. Popping over from #maternitymondays X

September 21, 2015 at 8:22 pm

Thanks Helen, just trying to take it as easy as I can with 2 active boys! x

September 21, 2015 at 9:02 pm
  • Reply farmerswifeandmummy

oh you poor thing. I really hope you are feeling better now. Big hugs my lovely. Over half way now #MaternityMondays

September 21, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Thanks Emma, it’s going so quickly am scared to start counting down as building work is about to start and needs to be finished before she arrives 🙂

September 21, 2015 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Style After Nine

Pregnancy is hard enough on the back without having an existing condition and two little ones to run around after. Sorry to hear you’re going through this. Are you able to fit pilates into your schedule?

Yvadney x

September 21, 2015 at 4:19 pm

Thanks Yvadney, I had to stop pilates at about 17 weeks which was a shame as I really enjoyed it. I’ll have a chat with my physio and see what they can suggest x

September 21, 2015 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply A Moment with Franca

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time!! Being pregnant it is not easy at all and specially if you have back conditions. I really hope you feel better soon and please rest as much as you can. Regarding the movement of your baby, I was the same with my second baby. I was all the time worrying about it so I decided to buy a pocket fetal doppler which I used a lot and my fears were gone!! LOL I know it sounds crazy but it really helped me to feel more relaxed. Just in case you are wondering the brand is Sonoline B. 😉 x
    #mummymonday

September 21, 2015 at 3:48 pm

Thanks hun think I might have a look at one of the dopplers, will definitely put my mind at rest x

September 21, 2015 at 9:00 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Blake

Oh honey I hope your back doesn’t give you trouble the whole way through! Have you thought about getting a brace or support? I wore one for the most part because my job involves a lot of standing and I ended up in crippling pain after an hour or so and felt like I couldn’t move. It made a world of difference!

Chin up, hope you feel better next week <3
    #maternitymonday
    xx

September 21, 2015 at 1:21 pm

Thanks Stephanie I have tried a maternity belt but it doesn’t help much maybe I need to give it another go. x

September 21, 2015 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply theloveofacaptain

Oh hun, so sorry you are having a tough time. Hope the pain eases off ASAP for you :(.

September 21, 2015 at 9:37 am

Thanks hun just got to keep smiling 🙂

September 21, 2015 at 2:52 pm